Orthodontic Treatment For Adults
Orthodontic treatment isn’t just for teens. It is estimated that one in every five orthodontic patients in the U.S. is over the age of 21. Adults are opting for orthodontic treatment more and more often because they understand how important oral health is and they want to feel better about the way they look. With more discreet options than in the past, adults feel more comfortable with the idea of treatment.
Reasons Adults Seek Orthodontic Care
- Wanting to feel more comfortable and proud of their appearance
- Desiring a more professional appearance
- Feeling inhibited or restricted by the function of their jaw or teeth
- Experiencing dental problems related to crowded teeth
There are a few key differences between orthodontic care for children and teens vs treatment for adults. The primary difference is that bone growth is complete in adults, so this cannot be harnessed to deliver faster or more extensive results. Other factors that separate adult orthodontics from teen and child orthodontics include:
- Gum loss
- Bone loss
- Worn teeth
- Missing teeth
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a child or teen
However, not all adult patients will have even one of these complications.
To learn more about the adult orthodontic treatment options available to you, schedule your free initial exam and consultation today: